Effective business lawyers must familiarize themselves with the intricacies of their clients’ businesses. Businesses, both closely-held and publicly-held, and their owners have been a significant part of our practice throughout the years. Our focus on closely-held companies includes family businesses and their particular concerns, including estate and succession planning, financing, entity formation, shareholder disputes – our business lawyers bring skill and innovation to all of these areas.
We offer practical experience across the broad spectrum of business law, including:
- shareholder agreements and partnership agreements
- sophisticated financing transactions
- appearances before administrative and regulatory authorities
- executive employment and severance
- mergers, acquisitions and liquidations
- venture capital transactions
- workouts, break-ups and buyouts
We represent publicly-held business entities, counsel corporate management on issues of regulatory compliance and serve as local counsel to regional and national companies with operations in Connecticut.
Franchise law is a particular area of knowledge. We represent both franchisors and franchisees in the establishment, operation and terminations of franchise relationships.
Our attorneys draw on the firm’s extensive experience in all areas of commercial law, including:
- banking and secured transactions
- employment law
- commercial real estate
- commercial litigation
- bankruptcy law
Our group works closely with our clients in the ongoing planning, documentation and practical implementation of their operational needs.